Is Race Genetic?
In my Introduction to Anthropology 2017 course, we tried to answer some big questions about humanity. Here’s one: Is Race Genetic?
- Lavenda & Schultz chapter 3, “What Can Evolutionary Theory Tell Us about Human Variation?” (59-84)
- Michael Yudell, Dorothy Roberts, Rob DeSalle, and Sarah Tishkoff, “Taking race out of human genetics,” Science, 2016.
- Yolanda Moses, “Why Do We Keep Using the Word ‘Caucasian’?” Sapiens, 2017.
Resources for “Is Race Genetic?”
- At the anthro everywhere! blog, Applying an anthropological perspective in health (2017) which references Teaching medical students to challenge ‘unscientific’ racial categories (2016).
- At the relevanth blog, Racial Purity is a Lie and Here’s Why (2017).